“You don’t need a passport for this exotic trip. Just bring your appetite and lust for good living. The exotic scent surroundings, congenial service, and savory menu will transport you to the Mediterranean Region.”
Welcome to Saj® Mediterranean Grill, your passport to the taste of the Mediterranean. Our cuisine is simple, healthy, fresh, flavorful and authentic made with best-loved recipes from Lebanon, Turkey, Italy, Greece, Spain and more.
The first Saj was founded in 2008, at The streets of Southgleen, 6955 S. York Street in Centennial, by owner Ali Awada.
While living in the United States, he never forgot the flavors and tastes he grew up with. “It was a dream of mine to bring authentic Mediterranean cuisine to Denver, in a casual format.”
It starts with the ingredients. True Mediterranean cuisine is rich in fresh vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, exotic spices, olive oils and antioxidants. There are no artificial ingredients, preservatives or antibiotics. It’s fresh, honest and natural. And because it’s made with the freshest ingredients, it fills you up without weighing you down. Even the colors are more vibrant. Our food looks as great as it tastes!
At Saj Mediterranean Grill, we use authentic recipes that have been lovingly passed down through generations. We only use the freshest, high quality ingredients, like rice from the Himalayas, flour from Italy, fresh-made mozzarella and lean meats that are hand tenderized and marinated for 48 hours. Our meats are grilled and never fried, so you get seared-in flavor. You’ll also find endless vegetarian options on our menu. Our cuisine is 90% gluten free and 100% delicious.
We’re committed to the Mediterranean tradition of fresh, honest and natural, and you’ll taste it in every bite. That’s why we don’t believe in assembly lines—we make your order from scratch. While our food isn’t fast, everything is made fresh when you order and every flavorful bite is definitely worth the wait. We love to introduce new customers to Saj Mediterranean Grill. Come on in and we will be happy to help you explore our menu, so you’ll love what you order.
- Our beef and chicken at Saj® Mediterranean Grill is grilled. Compared to other methods of food preparation, grilling uses less fat in the cooking process.
- Saj® Mediterranean Grill serves ethnic Mediterranean food prepared in a healthy style with a Mediterranean taste.
- The food will consist of a variety of fresh vegetarian and non-vegetarian (consisting of 100% natural, premium meat) specialty sandwiches with an option of freshly prepared breads, and specialty salads – all seasoned with an exotic combination of herbs, spices and sauces.
- Our cuisine is associated with health benefits that protect against heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and aging. Mediterranean cuisine refers to the traditional food consumed in the eastern and southern Mediterranean regions that include Greece, Turkey and Egypt.
- Sa®j Mediterranean cuisine is rich in vegetables, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, fruit and whole grains that are high in antioxidant content, and known for its overall health benefits. Considering the numerous health benefits of a Mediterranean diet and the changing trend towards fat-free, healthy food, it is likely that Mediterranean food will become part of every American’s daily diet.
- We serve Mediterranean cuisine, which a growing number of researchers associate with greater longevity (anti-aging effect) and lower disease incidences such as heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, hypertension, and cancer.